Monday, February 27, 2023


                            Bengal  Brothers



                                 Soham                                              

                                                                            Srijan     



During my recent stay in Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, the room offered to me was on the 23rd floor. For my Instagram, I wanted to post a pic with the housekeeping brigade of this hotel. After my workshop yesterday, I proceeded to my room. As instructed, the HK team members were waiting for me. I was supposed to join the photo. I had requested an engineering dept personnel to shoot the pic for me. I was just showing him the frame, which I wanted. Serendipitously, thats when I saw the twin brothers in the frame - Soham and Srijan. 

Both born in Barasat, 40 Kms from Kolkata. They studied together in the school as well in the college. Now, they are working together in Westin Hyderabad Mindspace. Both in the housekeeping department. It was indeed a hiring miracle. The Westin Hyderabad HR team that had reached out for the campus interview at NIPS hotel management college, Kolkata cherry picked both of them. 

 “Our dresses will be same. Even our thoughts. If I fall sick, Sohan also falls sick. We study together. We eat together” says Srijan. 


 Come June 2023. Both the brothers will apply for ten days leave. They will go to Kolkata to write their 6th semester examination. Both will come back and resume their duties after the exam. 

 “Till now we were together. We are in the same hotel and in the same department. That said, we work on different floors. In case, if we are on the same floor, we can together work more efficiently” says Soham. 


I fully agree to this brilliant idea. Smt Farhana, is the Executive housekeeper of this hotel. Madam, are you listening? 

The Bengal brothers talk very less. Both are friendly, joyous and happy at work. Importantly, I interviewed the Bengal brothers in succession. Not together. After the interview, I gifted both of them a hand crafted wooden key chain each. May god bless them both !









Text and pics: R Kesava Mallia in Hyderabad 





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like you I am very satisfied pl I pray you will always stay both them