Monday, February 27, 2023


                                         Yearning Yemsu






“This is my first job. My parents are so proud of me” says Yemsu, an associate at the 20 seater 'Daily Treat' restaurant, located at the lobby level, at the Westin Hyderabad Mindspace. 

 After a gap of three years, I had restarted my lecture engagements. The first hotel I had opted was Westin Hyderabad, at Madhapur. Soon after my check in last Friday, I had been to this restaurant for a ginger tea. Rahul Nayak, the HR executive of this hotel was sitting with me. For an hour, I had been only observing Yemsu.

 She was working non stop, literally. Always on her toes, smilingly serving the guests, making tea/coffee for them. Evidently, she was incredibly quick footed. I was so motivated to write a blog on her…thanks to her innumerable, inimitable auspicious attributes. After my early breakfast today at Seasonal Tastes I approached Yemsu for an interview to be published in my blog. She readily agreed. 

 This Nagaland girl likes to work in day shifts preferably the shift that starts at 9 am.

 Why? I asked her curiously. 

“My energy levels are so high dutrng this shift” says Yemsu. 

 Chicken, steamed rice and dal are her favourites in the staff cafeteria. She has got acquainted with the south indian food served in the cafeteria. Reading novels is her main hobby. 


Yemsu  is very well groomed. She is joyous & focussed at work with laser sharp precision. Smilingly she serves. An arts graduate with a diploma in hotel management, this girl speaks fluently in Hindi too. “Next month, I am planning to go home” quips Yemsu. 

She adds, “My co workers are so friendly and supportive. I am very happy here” 

 Says, Sumanta Maji, F&B Executive: “Yemsu  is very punctual. So quick in her service delivery too. Plus, she is extremely good in her interpersonal relationship with her co workers” 

 Yemsu’s family lives in Nagaland. Her dad is a retired police officer. Mom is a home maker. She has three elder brothers. Yemsu is the youngest child. She is the first person in the family to venture into hotel industry.

 Time flies . It is almost an year since she has joined this hotel. I wish her the very best. 


                                                        Yemsu with Maji                            



Text and pics: R Kesava Mallia in Hyderabad

 

No comments: