Thursday, December 22, 2022

                                           “ I will re-join Leela Palace ” 




 21 December 2022. 

That was my first day at The Leela Palace in New Delhi. Also, my first visit to the hotel. That said, for Leishi, the Lobby Lounge Supervisor, it was her last day in this swanky and iconic hotel, located in Chanakyapuri, New Delhi. 

This 22 year old Manipuri girl, who joined this hotel on 9th March this year is leaving after 9 months, only to join a renowned cruise liner in USA. “ I will come back to Leela Palace, New Delhi”, says Leishi who had bagged the “best employee award” (for the month of Nov 2022) soon, “after gaining experience for two years in cruise liners”. 

This good looking angel from North East India, who is very confident at work, has a purpose in her life.“ I have two younger sisters and a brother. Presently, I am supporting them…going forward too, I would love to help them get ahead in life by providing them with good education…my job in USA will help me provide financial assistance to them”. “After a two year stint in cruise lines, I shall re-join Leela Palace at New Delhi”, informs Leishi. 

Both decisions are good Leishi. May God be with you, always. 

With a Diploma in Hotel management(F&B), she started off as a trainee at the Oberoi, Gurgaon. Moved to the Oberoi, New Delhi after 6 months of training. Her next stop was the Leela Palace, New Delhi. 

Quipped Leishi very proudly: “we, four girls run the lobby lounge. Rachana is my Manager….Ananya and Birtiso are the other two girls. I thoroughly enjoyed my job here serving the guests at Leela. This hotel looks after the employees with so much care and concern. I am really grateful to this hotel” 

Reading motivational books and watching documentaries are her hobbies. Says Anupam Dasgupta, the general manager of this hotel: Leishi served our guests with grace and panache, with love and care….she will be truly missed” Leishi’s dad is a retired school teacher…..mom is a housewife. Her family is in Manipur. 





Text and pics: R Kesava Mallia in New Delhi.

No comments: