Thursday, December 22, 2022

                                                   Brilliant Birtiso 




“My mother is so happy today, that her daughter is working in a five-star hotel in New Delhi. She has struggled a lot throughout her life. Luckily, my uncle and aunt have always been supportive” narrates Birtiso, a 19-year girl from the north east working in the lobby lounge of The Leela Palace, New Delhi. 

Being a single parent, it was very difficult for Birtiso’s mother to raise her two daughters. The job in the canteen of a school in their village was the only source of her income. 

“I am very proud of myself”, says Birtiso, who opted for the hospitality industry, though she had her studied aviation. Hailing from a small village in the north east, Birtiso, who originally dreamed of working in the aviation industry, is very happy that she could be of help to her mother and younger sister - now and also in the future. 

“God is so kind to me; I am grateful that I have a good job. I also know that it is my responsibility to look after my mother as well as the younger sister” says Birtiso. 

“Birtiso, invests in herself via her hard work. She is exceptionally good” says Yogesh Kumar, Hotel Manager, at the Leela Palace, New Delhi, “She very focussed in her work, as a result of which she will make a mark” 

“I know very well about my improvement areas. I am working on the same”, says Birtiso confidently. “I have to improve my communication skills”.

I interviewed this north eastern girl in the lobby lounge itself, where she is working. In between our conversation, she stopped me and asked: “Sir, why not have a cappuccino now, I shall get you in just two minutes”? 

I nodded yes. The Cappuccino was very flavourful. 

I wished her good luck. While leaving the lobby lounge my mind was wondering how at this young age, this girl has so much patience and composure. My soul was happy to note that her mom and sister are relieved to Biristo working successfully at the Leela Palace, New Delhi.Since April this year, Birtiso is wedded to the lobby lounge of this hotel. 

I am impressed by her will power. She is undaunted by the troubles at her home. Yes, good things are natural to those who know their duty and walk the path of perfect goodness. 

Birtiso, you are great. I am proud of you. 






Text and pics: R Kesava Mallia in New Delhi

No comments: