Saturday, October 29, 2016

ANGELS FROM NORTH EAST INDIA...........................31

                         BRILLIANT BIDHYA!



"I was very naughty when I was young. I was not very good at studies .When I was planning to come to Hyderabad in December of  last year - many had discouraged me…….but today, I am very proud of myself" says Bidhya Rai.

What I found profoundly appealing in Bidhya is her confidence and fearlessness. She is the face of Amara Restaurant at Trident Hyderabad. She is full of enthusiasm all the time.

"Sometimes I end up quarrelling with the boys on work related issues", says Bidhya with a chuckle, ’’my parents are farmers. Both are very hardworking. They were very proud of me today”.

 “All my neighbours appreciated me when they came to know that I am doing well at Hyderabad”.
After passing 12th, she pursued a one year Diploma on Hotel Management. Travelling is her hobby.

 "The work environment at Trident Hyderabad is very inspiring" says Bidhya.  

Last June when she visited her home this Nepali girl from Darjeeling travelled for three days to reach home. "I took a flight on my way back from home… I was flying for the first time….. I bought the air ticket from my own hard earned money which was a great feeling “says Bidhya.




Bidhya Rai is the Hostess at Amara the International Restaurant at Trident Hyderabad.

Tailpiece – Till date I have written 30 blogs on the ‘Angels from North East India’. One thing that I noted was that most of them were very poor in saving money. But Bidhya is an exception. She sends Rs. 5000/- to her parents without fail every month. Month after month. Good job Bidhya - you are really great!!


Text and Pictures: R Kesava Mallia at Hyderabad 


No comments: