Saturday, October 29, 2016

ANGELS FROM NORTH EAST INDIA...................................30

               MEET THE TURNAROUND QUEEN!


On Gandhi Jayanthi day this year, Meenakshi travelled to her home located at Gorkha colony in Agartala, Tripura. From Hyderabad to Kolkata she travelled by train. From there she flew by Indigo Airlines to Tripura. On 21st October 2016 she joined back on duty at Hyderabad. Meenakshi Chhetri - the Nepali girl working in the Front Office department at  Red Fox, Hyderabad was visiting her home for the first time after joining Red fox in January this year.

I had met Meenakshi in my workshop held at Lemon Tree Premier, Hyderabad in Jan 2016.  Intuitively I could figure out that she is a lazy person.  I bluntly told this to her in as many words after my workshop - and she immediately admitted the same. I really liked her upfront and egoless acknowledgement of her laziness. On my next visit, while I was conducting the workshop, Meenakshi came into the classroom and gifted me an idol of Lord Ganesha. That day she also told me that she is very sincerely and earnestly working on her improvement area - that is laziness. (I liked this gesture all the more).






Her laziness aside I had seen a lot of goodness in her too.  I shared all her inimitable attributes with the General Manager of Red Fox, Hyderabad - Srinivas Kadadi and requested him to mentor her.
To cut the long story short today she is a rock star in her department. Meenakshi’s performance has been stunningly spectacular. I was so happy for her…..and hence this blog.

Remember Red Fox, Hyderabad had recently created history by ensuring 100 per cent occupancy for 100 days in a row. That was Aug 24, 2016. It was a proud moment not only for the Lemon Tree family, but also for the entire hotel industry of India. Importantly
Meenakshi also was part of that success story.

"My parents were very proud of me, especially my father" says Meenakshi.
"At Red Fox, Hyderabad everyone around is ready to teach and help. I am really fortunate to be part of the Lemon Tree family" she added.

"After coming to Hyderabad, I have learnt a lot on life. In the early days, I found it very difficult to adjust; but now I am used to it. I am glad that I am very independent. At my work place, I am very joyous" says Meenakshi with loads of enthusiasm.

Dancing and Fashion Designing are Meenakshi’s hobbies. At Hyderabad - Momos and Noodles are her favourite food. She draws inspiration from the support given by her colleagues Januki, Pasang, Nandini and Guna Gobind.

"Meenakshi is very dedicated and committed to her work. She surprised us by her 360 degree turnaround in such a short time" says Srinivas Kadadi - General Manager @ Red Fox, Hyderabad.



Text and Pictures: R Kesava Mallia in Hyderabad 




No comments: